1. Kermit The Frog Miss Piggy Fozzie Bear Bean The Bunny Robin The Frog Rizzo The Rat Pepe The Prawn King Watson The Dog Scooter Walter Animal Janice And Floyd Pepper Zoot Dr Teeth 80s The Robot The Swedish Chef Sam The Eagle Crazy Harry Lew Zealand And The Fish & Penguins 5
2. Big Bird Elmo Hools The Owl Oscar The Grouch Telly Monster Abby Cadabby Zoe And His Friend Rocco Baby Bear Super Grover Mr Snuffleupagus And Alice The Snuffleupagus Rosita Count Von Count Bert And Ernie BJ And Baby Bop Bug Four Pesties Red Orange Blue And Yellow Herb The Dinosaur Daddy Prairie Dawn Cookie Monster Lulu Chickens 4 Pig And Duck Bob Linda Gordon Alan Luis Maria Miles And Gabi Gina Susan Ruthie Leela & Chris
3. Bear Oio Tutter Pip And Pop Treelo Jeremiah Tortoise Keisha & Luke
4. Barney And Friends Jim Hensons Between The Lions Oilver The Pig Max And Ruby Nai Hi Kan Ian Fifi And The Flowerlots Wow Wow Wubbzy Angelina Ballerina Kipper The Dog The Wiggles Jim Hensons The Muppet Show Fireman Sam The Wonder Pets Higglytown Heroes Out Of The Box Starfall Friends Rolie Polie Olie Arthur JoJos Circus Jim Hensons Bear In The Big Blue House Jack's Big Music Show Go Diego Go The Koala Brothers Sony Wonder From Sesame Street Yo Gabba Gabba Jim Hensons Animal Jam The Adventures Of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius Peanuts The Charlie Brown Home Videos Baby Nick Jr Curious Buddies Little Bear Peppa Pig Rugrats Calliou Dragon Tales Rubbadubbers PBS KIDS Friends The Magic School Bus PB&J Otter SpongeBob SquarePants Dora The Explorer Toddworld The Backyardigans Oswald The Octopus Bob The Builder Thomas The Tank Engine And Friends Jim Hensons Fraggle Rock The Book Of Winnie The Pooh Stanley Blues Room And Blue Clues Clifford The Big Red Dog Kim Possible The Proud Family LazyTown Lilo And Stitch The Series Madeline Little Bill The Fairy OddParents Zoom & Sagwa The Chinese Siamese Cat
During his first few seasons on Sesame Street, Hunt was basically a background puppeteer, assisting other performers with characters (manipulating the right hands of certain characters, and performing the back half of Mr. Snuffleupagus) or performing characters to pre-recorded tracks. Hunt gradually became one of the main Muppeteers, performing such characters as Sully, Gladys the Cow, Don Music, and Forgetful Jones.
Although a main performer on the show, none of Richard Hunt's Sesame Street characters became major characters in the same way as Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Elmo(who Hunt actually performed as a minor character, 1984-1985). Even after being a main puppeteer, Hunt would often perform in Sesame Street productions (such as Christmas Eve on Sesame Street and Don't Eat the Pictures: Sesame Street at the Metropolitan Museum of Art) where he didn't perform character voices.
Richard Hunt served as a mentor to newer puppeteers. When a new puppeteer joined the Sesame set, Hunt was the first to haze and initiate them into the group. Despite this, he always took new puppeteers to lunch, as well as anyone on the set who wanted to join him. He was known to often read the newspaper as he was performing a character and doing that character's lines.
Richard Hunt was one of the main performers on The Muppet Show, and one of five performers to be a regular performer on all five seasons. His main character was Scooter, but he also performed Beaker, Statler, Janice, andSweetums. During the first season, he shared the role ofMiss Piggy with Frank Oz, but by the end of the first season, Piggy became Oz's main character, and Hunt no longer performed her.
Richard Hunt has also been noted for his fine singing voice. As Scooter, he sang such songs as "Six String Orchestra" and "There's a New Sound." He also performed Wayne, who was part of the singing duo Wayne and Wanda, and though the two stopped appearing after the second season, Wayne eventually came back to make solo appearances every now and then, singing such songs as "Catch a Falling Star" and "For Me and My Goyle." Despite Hunt's singing voice and the fact that Janice was a musician, Janice seldom sang lead vocals in songs. She did have two major lead-singing performances, singing "With a Little Help From My Friends" and "Rockin' Robin."
In the 1981 book Of Muppets and Men, Christopher Finchdescribed Hunt's endless energy and humor. "He seems to get more unadulterated pleasure from performing than anyone else in the organization," Finch wrote. "When he is not working on camera, he is apt to have Scooter or Beaker or Janice -- anyone -- on his arm for the purpose of entertaining visitors to the studio. If there are no visitors around, he will attempt to entertain his co-workers... LikeJerry Nelson, he is a versatile on-camera performer, but his importance to the show derives also from his off-camera personality. He makes the crew laugh, jokes with the guest star, clowns for the shop personnel. He is one of the chief reasons for the loose atmosphere that exists around Studio D despite the pressure and the slow pace that are endemic to television production."
Richard Hunt, Scooter, Kermit and Jim Henson at the 1986 Academy Awards.Richard Hunt and Scooter in 1980.Hunt on the set of Fraggle Rock.*The Muppet Show Characters: African Mask(Mountain), Beagle, Beaker (1977-1990), Behemoth(episode 119), Billy the Bear (episode 401 andepisode 503), Bobby Benson, Blue Frackle (episode 103, episode 115, episode 202, episode 218, episode 307), Bubba, Catgut, Clive Cahuenga, Contender 980116, Cow (episode 121), Doctor Pig, Droop(episode 220), George, Geri and the Atrics (False Teeth), Ghost, Gingerbread Man, Gladys, The Gogolala Jubilee Jugband (Purple Whatnot), Gorgon Heap (episode 116), Hat, Janice (1977-1990), Lenny the Lizard (episode 208), Lubbock Lou (occasionally),Luncheon Counter Monster (episode 223), Lyle the Dog (episode 523), Male Ghost, The March Hare,Mean Mama (episodes 201, 211, and 515), Mildred Huxtetter (episode 109), Miss Kitty (episode 119),Miss Piggy (1976-1977, occasionally), Ohboy Bird,Paul Revere (legs only), Penguin (episode 320),Quongo (episode 509), Ronald Duck (episode 220),Salzburg Sauerkraut Singer, Scooter (1976-1990),The Showman, Statler (1976-1990), Sweetums (1976-1990), Tiny, Wayne, Winny, Youknow Bird (episode 218), Zelda Rose (episode 308)
- Sesame Street Characters: Aristotle, Baby Bobby,The Beetles' Lead Singer, Billy the Grownup, Brad,Bruno, Captain Vegetable (1983-1984), Cheerful,Counting Service Man, Dip, Don Music, Elmo (1984-1985), Farmer Fowler, Fenwick la Touche, Ferlinghetti Donizetti (1980-1984), Flying Fish, Forgetful Jones,Forgettinest Jones, Furline Huskie, Gilbert, Gladys the Cow, Grandpa Count, Grandpa Grouch, Green Alphabeat, Grenadier Guardsman, Harry, Harvey Monster (occasionally), John, Kermit the Forg ("We Are All Monsters"), King Gerry's Doctor, Lavender Frazzletone, Leaky, Leo the Party Monster, a lettuce from "Grow High Grow Low",Large Lavender Live Hand Librarian, Larry Rhymie, Little Red Riding Hood(1970s), Madame Schwartzhead, Maurice Monster(occasionally), McDougal Monster, Mr. Moses, Mr. Snuffleupagus (back half, occasionally), Old MacDonald (1980s), a pear from "Bilingual Fruit Song", Placido Flamingo, Potter Piper, "Readers of the Open Range" Pumpkin cowboy, Rockin' Richard, Rodeo Rosie (occasionally), Sonny Friendly (1986-1992),Spaceship Surprise Mate, Stan, Stuie Monster, Sully, Timmy Twiddlebug, Tommy, Tony, Tough Eddie(1980s), Two-Headed Monster, Umeko's Friends, Victor, Willy Nilly, Witch, the Martians, The Young Woman Who Lives in a Hat
- Fraggle Rock: Gunge, Junior Gorg, Beige Fraggle, Firechief Fraggle, Flex Doozer, Gillis Fraggle, Herkimer Fraggle, Mean Genie, Mudwell the Mudbunny, The Odd Old Man, Storyteller Fraggle (episode 108 only), Turbo Doozer, Venerable Sage Lambo, Wizard
- The Great Santa Claus Switch: Bing
- The Ed Sullivan Show: Harrison 
- The Frog Prince: Taminella Grinderfall (puppetry only)
- The Muppets Valentine Show: Giant Mouse
- Saturday Night Live: Wisss
- One to One: The Queen of Phumph
- The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence: Crazy Harry, Hoggie Marsh, Lust, Ohboy Bird
- Peter Alexander präsentiert Spezialitäten #10: Bert
- Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas: Charlie Beaver, George Rabbit, Fred Lizard
- Little Muppet Monsters: Tug Monster, Beaker, "Muppet Sports Shorts" Narrator
- Follow That Bird: Gladys the Cow, Grouch Diner Patrons, Various
- The Tale of the Bunny Picnic: Lugsy
- The Christmas Toy: Belmont
- Puppetman: Del (on-camera role), Gertha, Earl
- Inner Tube: Crasher
- A Muppet Family Christmas: The Snowman
- The Ghost of Faffner Hall: The Wild Impresario
- The Cosby Show: Disagreeable Sandwich
- Muppet Sing Alongs: Billy Bunny's Animal Songs: Edgar Bear, Raccoon 1